One of the main concerns of Real Mallorca is the left side, position in which Ghanaian level Lumor Agbenyenu does not quite convince, as well as neither his compatriot Rahman Baba that after debuting he was injured and did not just enter the plans of Vicente Moreno.Balearic club relations with Italian football are very good as confirmed after arrivals to the island of players like Budimir and Valjent and one more time, the CEO of the club Maheta Molango has traveled to Italy To poll the market. The Uruguayan international left-back Diego Laxalt arrived in Italy in the 2013-14 season and has played in clubs such as Bologna, Empoli or Genoa on loan from Inter, Y currently in the Torino on loan from Milan He acquired his rights.Laxalt is left lateral with projection in attack and the Balearic club competes with other clubs for trying to get an assignment until the end of the season and thus reinforce the left band of the Mallorcan team. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of January 16, 2020
Brown’s Town need a win against Seaview Gardens today to qualify for the mid-season final in the Charley’s JB Rum/Kingston and St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA) Super League.Both teams will meet in the opening game of a double header at Constant Spring Complex today, starting at 6 p.m.In the second of the double-header, Real Mona face Maverley/Hughenden, starting at 8 p.m.The first game is of high interest as Zone B leaders Brown’s Town will be in the hunt for maximum three points to advance to next Friday’s mid-season final where they will face Maverley/Hughenden.Brown’s Town lead the zone with 13 points. They are followed by Rae Town (8) and Santos (7).The east Kingston-based Brown’s Town are in pole position. They could lose against Seaview and still contest the final. Rae Town’s game against Maverley/Hughenden ended prematurely last week after a stabbing incident with the teams locked at 1-1. KSAFA are yet to issue a ruling on that match.Santos could move onto the final if they win their two remaining games but other results go their way.The Browns Town camp are in a positive mood ahead of tonight’s game.”We will be very serious about this game as we want to be in the final,” coach of Brown’s Town, Karumie Huie, told The Gleaner yesterday.”The team started the season slowly by losing the first two league games, but has not lost since, having won four and drawn once in the last five games. We want to continue on that platform,” he said.In the late game, Maverley/Hughenden will look to preserve their winning streak in Zone A. The Maverley/Hughenden team, under the guidance of coach Lijasu Simms, has won six games in a row to be on maximum 19 points. They are seven points clear of second placed Barbican with a game to be played in the first round.
The Corey Bennett coached Hydel girls team continued to show that they will be a major factor at this year’s ISSA-GraceKennedy Boys and Girls Athletics Championships after putting on a show at last Saturday’s Ben Francis Invitational on the grounds of Vere Technical.The team from Ferry dominated the meet, which featured over 30 teams and good all-round performances, with Class One athlete Devia Brown leading the way with a fine triple.Brown, who is expected to do well in the field for her team at Champs, showed fine form, winning the Class One discus with 40.57m, shot put with 13.47m, and the javelin with a 40.57m effort.CLEAN SWEEPTrishauna Hemmings continued from where she left off the previous week at the Western Milo Relays with another fine double. She sped to an impressive 13.86 seconds in winning the Class One 100m hurdles then returned to take the long jump with 5.86m.It was a clean sweep by Hydel in the sprint hurdles, as Najeeka Brown won the Class Four 70m event in 11.61, Gabrielle Matthews won the Class Three 80m hurdles in 11.83, and Donna Ray Lee took the Class Two 100m hurdles in 14.13. They also swept the 400m events with Garriel Whyte setting the stage after winning in Class Three in 58.79. Charoke Young followed in Class Two in 57.09 before IAAF World Under-20 representative Roneisha McGregor closed out in Class One with an easy effort of 56.06 seconds.Home team Vere Technical gave their supporters something to cheer for as they provided two double winners in Britany Anderson and Marie Brown. Anderson, taking a break from hurdles duty, showed her versatility by copping the Class Two 100m and long jump. She clocked 12.17 seconds in winning her 100m heat to be the fastest in the class in the event before returning for a big effort of 5.79m in taking the long jump event.Brown, who is expected to do well in the throws this season did not disappoint after winning the Class Two shot put with a heave of 13.07m before a big throw of 40.38m in the discus.
Vice President Joseph N. Boakai has expressed confidence that in the absence of the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL), the nation will have a long-lasting peace and cohesive society.Speaking at the occasion marking the International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers, held under the theme, “ A Force for Peace, Change, the Future,” on Thursday, May 29, at the Pan African Plaza, VP Boakai said it is important that Liberians continue to reconcile themselves as one nation.The Vice President said there could be no greater safety measure in place than the will of the people to hold together and to build their nation, even as the peacekeepers had endeavored to see Liberia and its people unite.“This is my continuing reminder to my compatriots that it is only when we have reached peace with ourselves, that we can give the biggest tribute to UNMIL sustaining that which they have for so long sacrificed to maintain is realized by the people.”According to VP Boakai, at the other end, however, the departure of service personnel from locations where they had significantly bonded with the population engenders profound separation anxiety.“Liberia stands confident that we will build on the peace you have helped to shape. We will always remain attached to you in spirit and in recognition of what you have helped this nation to fashion,” he assured.According to the Vice President, the Ministry of National Defense, the Liberia National Police and relevant international outfits are fully on top and they could ensure that Liberians foresee only the reinforcement of the current peace and stability we enjoy now for over a decade.Vice President Boakai further stated that more importantly, the advent of the departure of forces leaves that leery thought of the existence of vacuum.He explained that in such situation, jittery feelings always abound in some quarters about the adequacy of the safety mechanism put in place to compensate for the massive departure and how the reinforcement of the demand for well calculated existing strategy is prepared. “It is in that we have remained unequivocal on the need for deliberate and well-thought out coordination framework between the relevant local security institutions and the international mission.”According to VP Boakai, the draw-down of the UN peacekeepers signifies a huge welcome recognition of remarkable progress made toward peace and stability in the country, and this is always worth celebration as its mission has been achieved with success.The celebration brought together personalities including; Karin Landgren, Special Representative of the Secretary General, Deborah Malac, US Ambassador to Liberia, Colonel Clarence C. Massaquoi, Police Director, Colonel Daniel Ziankahn, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of Liberia, Brownie Samukai, Minister of National Defense among others.A special message delivered on behalf of UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, by SRSG Karin Landgren said, UN Peacekeepers have a long and proud history, with more than one million peacekeepers having served in more than 70 operations on four continents since its establishment in 1948.According to the statement, more than 116,000 UN Personnel from more than 120 countries serve in 16 peacekeeping operations.The Secretary-General said, these military, police and civilian personnel helped stabilized communities, protected civilians, promoted the rule of law and advanced human rights.Over the past year, the Security Council has established two peacekeeping operations –in Mali and the Central African Republic again highlighting its trust in UN Peacekeepers to take on tough challenges.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The Public Health Ministry may soon have to airlift medical supplies to Issano if efforts to remove the dredge blocking the Mazaruni River channel fail.The sunken dredge or “Dragga” in the Mazaruni River is affecting the supply of drugs to health facilities that serve a number of villages along the Mazaruni River. The dredge belongs to Crown Mining Company.The sunken “Dragga”Director of Regional Health Services, Dr Kay Shako is hoping that the channel could be cleared soon in order for supplies to be delivered by the end of this week. However, if efforts to salvage the dredge are unsuccessful, the Ministry’s next option will be to transport drugs by air.Medex at the Issano Health Centre, Josephine Murphy, told the Government Information Agency (GINA), that since the sinking of the dredge in June, there has been difficulty in getting medical supplies to the health centre. “At present, for the first time since the pontoon was in the channel, we ain’t (have not) really getting no drugs coming up and we usually use the jet boat,” Medex Murphy explained.Murphy explained that prior to the sinking of the dredge, the health centre received drugs in a timely manner. Over the weekend, the Government engaged a salvager to remove the dredge. A site visit was made last Saturday.Issano is a landing community giving access to mining lands, as well as neighbouring Isenero. The health centre at Issano serves an estimated population of just over 100 persons. Persons traversing mining areas would seek medical attention at the health centre.
NISSAN OPEN Today-Sun.: at Riviera Country Club, Pacific Palisades, Ch. 2 Starting today, the Nissan Open will host all the biggest stars not named Tiger Woods. The tournament features eight of the top nine ranked players in the world, and 36 of the top 50. Plus, throw in fan favorite John Daly and a surprise, last-minute addition by Phil Mickelson who hasn’t played here since 2001 and there’s the makings for an exciting event. Usually, Tiger plays and Phil doesn’t. This year the Nissan doesn’t have No. 1, but it has Furyk, Adam Scott, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Mickelson, Singh, Luke Donald and Padraig Harrington who are all ranked in the top 10. Tenth-ranked Henrik Stenson is the other top-tier no-show. It’s not an even switch, but when the rest of the field is the best of the best it might not be the worst thing that Woods is skipping the event for the first time since 2001. Organizers find themselves having to justify a field without Woods. But with this star-studded event, it’s not necessary. “Look, everyone wants Tiger in there,” said Riviera general manager Michael Yamaki. “I assume as players, they want him there too, because you want to go up against the best. He chose to do what he did and we’re happy to have the field we do. Like anything else, when the king’s not there, all of a sudden it gives an opportunity for the next person to come up.” The next person could be one of the game’s brightest young stars, like rookies Jeff Quinney, Brandt Snedeker or Anthony Kim, who is the tour’s youngest player at 21. The only Tiger sighting will be in Riviera’s pro shop, where a framed picture of him as a 16-year-old amateur, playing in his first event, hangs on the wall. When asked if the picture would come down since Woods won’t be here, Yamaki said it would stay “until he wins the big one.” At least this year, someone other star will hold the trophy. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! PACIFIC PALISADES – Riviera Country Club has traditionally been home to the game’s greatest golfers. The L.A. Open, which later changed its name to the Nissan Open, was a hot spot for Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson, Jack Nicklaus, Fred Couples and the like. Even though it took Nelson 12 tries to win there and Nicklaus never did, the stars always made sure to make Los Angeles a mainstay on their schedule. Perhaps Nissan Open tournament director Tom Pulchinski should borrow the cap worn by Vijay Singh’s caddie Paul Tesori in the President’s Cup. It read: “Tiger Who?” “It’s an excellent field,” said Pulchinski, the man charged with maintaining golf galleries in a Tiger-less tournament. “Anybody who’s interested in seeing PGA Tour golf at its finest, can do that. Phil Mickelson has a good following and since he hasn’t been here for a number of years. He’s going to be a very popular person to follow. He hasn’t been here for a long time. People have not been able to watch him play. At a tournament like this, you can get up close to the players. You can watch them at the driving range. A lot of people have seen them on TV but not seen them in person.” The world’s top-ranked player won’t be in attendance for just the second time in his professional career. Yet, even with Tiger’s absence, there should be an abundance of good golf.
The 32-year-old is one of Saudi Arabia’s most prominent referees, having earned a FIFA badge in 2011 and officiating at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016 and the Confederations Cup in Russia in 2017.In a statement to AFP, FIFA said it was looking at the case and seeking more information.“FIFA notes the information that referee Fahad Al Mirdasi has allegedly been banned for life from all football-related activities by the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF),” it said.“FIFA has requested more information from the SAFF before making any further comments.”Mirdasi was chosen to referee Saudi Arabia’s Kings Cup final between top clubs Al-Faisaly and Al-Ittihad on Saturday but was pulled from the roster just a few hours before the game.In a statement, the disciplinary and ethics committee said Mirdasi had approached the president of Al-Ittihad asking him for a bribe to enable his team to win.“The Ittihad president Hamad Al-Sanayeh called the Saudi Football Federation to state there was evidence that Fahad Al-Mirdasi had reached out via text messages on WhatsApp. He asked for an illegal sum of money in exchange for helping his team win the game,” it said.The case was referred to the Saudi Football Federation, then the General Authority for Sport — the highest sports authority in the kingdom — triggering an administrative investigation.Mirdasi confessed to the charges, according to the statement, and it was decided “to deprive him from participating in any football activity for life”.The committee recommended that Saudi Arabia officially request FIFA to remove Mirdasi from the list of referees participating in the 2018 World Cup and suspend him for life.“Our integrity is above all considerations,” said Turki Al-Sheikh, head of the General Authority for Sport.Mirdasi was one of five Arab referees chosen by FIFA to officiate at the 2018 World Cup.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Saudi referee Fahad al-Mirdasi has been banned for life by the Saudi football federation for offering to take a bribe.© AFP/File KARIM JAAFARRIYADH, Saudi Arabia, May 16 – The Saudi Football Federation have banned referee Fahad al-Mirdasi for life over bribery and urged FIFA to remove him from the pool of referees for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.Mirdasi was suspended after admitting offering to take a bribe to influence the outcome of a match, the federation’s disciplinary and ethics committee said late Tuesday.
0Shares0000Argentina defender Marcos Rojo wants to taste what it is like to win a World Cup this time and erase the sour memory of losing to Germany in extra-time in the 2014 edition © AFP / FABRICE COFFRINILONDON, United Kingdom, Jun 5 – Marcos Rojo wants to feel like what it is to win a World Cup rather than the agony he experienced for Argentina when they lost to Germany 1-0 after extra-time in 2014, he said on Tuesday.The 28-year-old Manchester United defender, who has over 50 caps to his name, told Inside United hopefully Argentina would perform better than they did in sneaking through in qualifying. Rojo — who signed a new contract with United in March this year which will keep him at the club till 2021 — will face Nigeria in the group stage, a side he scored his first international goal against in the 2014 finals.“Obviously, it’s a really important thing and a big deal for any Argentinian to wear that shirt,” he said.“We really feel the shirt a lot and we defend our colours.“We give everything when we are wearing it and we want payback for the way things happened at the last World Cup.“We will do everything to give our fans the possibility to celebrate winning the trophy again.”Rojo, who joined United in 2014 for £16 million from Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon, said much would depend on their superstar Lionel Messi.Messi has won everything at club level with Barcelona but is still without a Copa America or World Cup winners medal having finished on the losing side in three Copa finals and in the 2014 World Cup final.“I think it’s three or four times now we’ve been drawn with Nigeria and it will be a difficult group,” said Rojo.“Croatia and Iceland are in there too. Hopefully, Lionel Messi will be in form and can do something for us.”The two-time World Cup winners play their final pre-World Cup match against Israel this Saturday with their campaign kicking-off against Euro 2016 quarter-finalists Iceland on Saturday June 16.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
And just in case that’s not enough, they would also have to complete two years of college or serve in the military. This is hardly a giveaway. It’s an earned path to citizenship for the people who probably most deserve it. It takes a rather cold heart to suggest that such people – for whom the U.S. is often the only country they know, and English the only language they speak – to “go back” to the place from which their parents came. Earlier this week, the Senate tried to approve the Dream Act as part of a bigger defense bill, which was probably a mistake. Sneaking pet policies into unrelated legislation is a bad way to make law. Still, the Dream Act would be a good law to have. And when it comes under consideration later this fall, it deserves congressional approval and the president’s signature. ON the macro level, the immigration issue is one of mind-boggling complexity that has stymied action for years. But on the micro level – that is, on the level of individual people – the solutions become clearer. And on the question of what to do with those who would qualify for the Dream Act – currently stalled in the U.S. Senate – the answer couldn’t be more obvious: Make them legal. The would-be beneficiaries of the Dream Act aren’t lawbreakers by any stretch of the imagination. They are residents of this country whose parents brought them here illegally when they were under the age of 16. It’s not their fault their parents broke a broken law, and they shouldn’t have to pay the price for it. Moreover, to be eligible for the conditional residency the Dream Act offers, these young people would need to have been in the U.S. for at least five years. They would have to have no criminal history and be high-school graduates. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!